Now that you’ve read My Story , let’s get to know each other a bit better! Here are some interesting facts about me, make sure to tell me something interesting about you in the comments!
1. I love to hike. I’ve only been hiking for 4 months now, but I instantly fell in love the second I started. That doesn’t mean it’s been an easy road. I went through a long phase where my feet were constantly in bad shape and I had to take long breaks to let them heal. Thankfully the right shoes, socks and TLC has defeated the problem and is allowing me to hike to my hearts content.
2.I was raised on classic rock and it’s the music my soul loves. Play me some Led Zeppelin, Van Halen or Queen and you’ve won me over.
3.I’ve been with my boyfriend for over 5 years now. We’ve known each other since we were kids and started dating the day we graduated High School (I asked him out).
4. I love the company of animals. I have a dog named Henry, he’s a Havanese/ Poodle mix. He’s seven years old (I cant believe it! He’s still such a puppy). He is a total ball of energy and love, all he wants is to lay on your lap.
5. I’m interested in all things related to art , but I love crafting. I love the joy of making something from scratch.
6. I taught myself to sew when I was a teenager.
7. I do not drink alcohol, ever. I’m no fun at parties.
8. My whole family calls me Nans, I have a million nicknames in my family, including Nannanators!
9. I love cooking! I especially love finding a great recipe and adding my own twist. I cook for my whole family every night. My dad is diabetic and I’m vegan so putting together a meal can be a challenge, but it’s a lot of fun experimenting and trying new things!
10. I’m in love with movies, especially scary ones! I’m also a bit of an oldie as I enjoy black and white films and I’ve watched some silent pictures. Some of my favorite movies are Jaws and The Birds.
11. As a matter of fact, thanks to Jaws, I’m terrified of lakes, ponds, and the ocean. It’s one of my biggest fears. When I’m in water where I cannot see to the bottom, I immediately believe there’s something lurking beneath me.
12. One of my idols is Frida Kahlo, as the result of a bus accident when she was 18, Frida was in severe pain all of her life and endured 35 surgeries. Her struggle with disability has always inspired me to cope with my own problems.
13. Ever since I saw the movie We Bought a Zoo, I’ve fallen in love with the idea of opening up my own animal sanctuary when I’m much older. I want to save every animal I see, and ever since my boyfriend’s parents started fostering dogs from Lulu’s Rescue and ASF Rescue I’ve been inspired by the dedication and work they put into every dog they rescue.
14. I’m a natural redhead with unruly curly hair. It’s always been a struggle to tame my mane.
15. I can memorize the lyrics to any song I hear after one listen and remember it forever. I constantly have one song or another playing on a loop in my head and my boyfriend likes to taunt me by tricking me into singing old 80s songs cause he knows I won’t be able to stop myself from singing them too.
16. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the colors, leaves, the fashion, and Halloween. It is my favorite holiday because I love everything spooky!
17. I’ve donated to Locks of Love twice, a total of 22 inches.
18. I attend Get Your Rear in Gear events every year, in honor of my Uncle Pat who passed away from Colon Cancer. Our team name is Pooper for Pat and we do two 5ks every year, one in New Hampshire and another in Philadelphia.
19. I’m a collector of anything that tells a story. A few of the things I collect include antique bottles, skeleton keys, feathers, and old family photos.
20. And finally, my family means the absolute world to me. I love them more than anything. We’ve all been through a lot and we are always there for each other.
Please tell me some facts about you!